- How we use your personal information
- Personal information we collect
- How we share your personal information
- Your choices
- Other sites and services
- International data transfer
- How to contact us
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- [Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email address, mailing address, professional title and company name, and phone number.]
- [Demographic Information, such as your city, state, country of residence, and postal code.]
- [Communications data based on our exchanges with you, including when you contact us through the Service, social media, or otherwise.]
- [Profile data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an online account on the Service, date of birth, redemption code, biographical details, photograph or picture, links to your profiles on social networks, interests, preferences, information about your participation in our contests, promotions, or surveys, and any other information that you add to your account profile.]
- [User-generated content data, such as photos, images, music, videos, comments, questions, messages, works of authorship, and other content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata. Metadata includes information on how, when, where and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content has been formatted or edited. Metadata also includes information that users can add or can have added to their content, such as keywords, geographical or location information, and other similar data.]
- [Relationship data, such as familial or other relationship to third parties whose personal information you may provide to us.]
- [Survey data, including information you share when you complete a survey.]
- [Promotion data, including information you share when you enter a competition or promotion. Please note that if you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway through the Service, we may ask you for your contact data to notify you if you win or not, to verify your identity, determine your eligibility, and/or to send you prizes. In some situations, we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules and other relevant information for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.]
- [Financial data, such as your stated income, economic standing and financial account numbers.]
- [Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.]
[Third-party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- [Public sources, such as government agencies, public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.]
- [Data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information.]
- [Marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.]
- [Our affiliate partners, such as our affiliate network provider and publishers, influencers, and promoters who participate in our paid affiliate programs.]
[Third-party services, such as social media services, that you use to log into, or otherwise link to, your Service account. This data may include your username, profile picture and other information associated with your account on that third-party service that is made available to us based on your account settings on that service.]
[Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- [Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers[ (including identifiers used for advertising purposes)], language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or general geographic area.]
- [Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.]
[Communication interaction data such as your interactions with our email, text or other communications (e.g., whether you open and/or forward emails)[ – we may do this through use of pixel tags (which are also known as clear GIFs), which may be embedded invisibly in our emails].
Automatic data collection technologies. Some of the automatic collection described above is facilitated by the following technologies:
- [Cookies, which are small text files that websites store on user devices and that allow web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites may include both “session cookies” that are deleted when a session ends, “persistent cookies” that remain longer, “first party” cookies that we place and “third party” cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.]
- [Local storage technologies, like HTML5, which allow web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences and login status as they navigate a site. Such local storage technologies may store information on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.]
- [Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.]
[Session-replay technologies, such as those provided by Microsoft Clarity that employ software code to record users’ interactions with the Services in a manner that allows us to watch video replays of those user sessions. The replays include users’ clicks, mobile app touches, mouse movements, scrolls, and keystrokes/key touches during those sessions. These replays help us diagnose usability problems and identify areas for improvement. You can learn more about Microsoft Clarity at https://clarity.microsoft.com/terms and you can opt-out of session recording by declining cookies on our site.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide, operate, and improve the Service and our business.
- Communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Communicate with you about events in which you participate.
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications.
- Provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
[Automatic data collection technologies. In addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use the Automatic data collection technologies described above for the following purposes:
- Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Service.
- Functionality. To enhance the performance and functionality of our services.
- Advertising. To help our third-party advertising partners collect information about how you use the Service and other online services over time, which they use to show you ads on other online services they believe will interest you and measure how the ads perform.
Analytics. To help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims).
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies.
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service.
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, consumer research, marketing, and website analytics).
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Third parties designated by you. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have instructed us or provided your consent to do so. We will share personal information that is needed for these other companies to provide the services that you have requested.
Business and marketing partners. Third parties with whom we co-sponsor events, with whom we jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be of interest to you.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above. Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations of or due diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, the Company, our parent (if any), our affiliates, or our subsidiaries (if any), (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In this section, we describe the choices available to you.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Advertising choices. You may be able to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising through the following settings/options/tools:
- Browser settings. Changing your internet web browser settings to block third-party cookies.
- Privacy browsers/plug-ins. Using privacy browsers and/or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
- Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising. You may be able to exercise that option at the following websites:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies that participate in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device and browser from which you wish to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising purposes. We cannot offer any assurances as to whether the companies we work with participate in the opt-out programs described above.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by anyone under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.
How to contact us
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: 1012 Torney AveSan Francisco, CA 94129